Effective Date: 01-11-2020
- Website Visitors
- Personally-Identifying Information and what personal information we collect.
- Links To External Sites
- Ohmycat uses Google AdWords for remarketing
- Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
- Aggregated Statistics
- Contact Information & Credit
1. Website Visitors
Like most website operators, Ohmycat collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Ohmycat’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Ohmycat’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Ohmycat may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Ohmycat also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://ohmycat.cat blog posts. Ohmycat only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
2. Personally-Identifying Information and what personal information we collect.
Information you provide to us
You may provide the following information to us in our stores and online:
- Personal and contact information, such as name, date of birth, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, home address, age, and gender
- Payment information, such as credit card information and billing address
- Purchasing activity, product preferences, reasons for purchasing a product, family and lifestyle
- Information you post: If you comment or otherwise provide information in a public space on one of our websites, we collect a record of it and any personal information included in the comment. For example, this may include posting a review of a product
- Information you provide through social media
- Other information you give us when you contact our customer services team, when you engage with our social media platform (for example by tagging us in a post on Instagram) when you interact with us.
Information collected through automated means
We may use automated technology such as cookies and other tracking software to collect personal information from your computer system or mobile device. We may collect the following information:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address or other device identifier
- Browser type and version
- Browsing information, such as pages you view and the links you click, how you interact with the emails we send you, and whether you access our website via a social media site
- Time zone setting
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Operating system and platform
- Other portable device information
- With your permission, we may also collect your precise location data. We may also collect the time spent visiting, usage patterns, and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our websites.*
*We use this information on an anonymous basis and do not use it to identify any particular user. We do not link this data to any other data that we hold about you.
Third parties may also provide us with additional publicly available information about you.
We therefore do not respond to browser Do Not Track signals.
3. How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for business purposes: to make our products and services available to you; to personalize your shopping experience; to improve our operations; and for security and legal reasons.
Some examples of how we use your personal information include:
- Processing and fulfilling orders online or in-stores, including by facilitating the delivery of product orders
- Communicating with you regarding purchases
- Responding to your questions and comments
- Measuring your customer satisfaction
- Providing you with marketing material via SMS, mail and email (with your consent where required by law)
- Analyzing shopping trends through account activity and purchase history to provide you a personalized browsing experience
- Sending special promotions based on store spend or customer birthday
- Allowing you to create a profile on our websites which enables you to purchase Ohmycat products and services online without having to fill in your personal information every time you shop online with us
- Ensuring that our websites are presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device, including setting default options for you such as language and store location
- Conducting checks for fraud or other illegal activity
- Protecting our rights or property (or those of others)
- Fulfilling our legal and compliance-related obligations (such as if we receive a legitimate request from a law enforcement agency)
Links to Third-Party Websites and Additional Terms
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. Remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. To protect your data and give you better security we use Secure Sockets Layer, a security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client—typically a web server (website) and a browser, or a mail server and a mail client). This technology allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, and login credentials to be transmitted securely. Normally, data sent between browsers and web servers is sent in plain text—leaving you vulnerable to eavesdropping. If an attacker is able to intercept all data being sent between a browser and a web server, they can see and use that information. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
6. Ohmycat uses Google AdWords for remarketing
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
7. Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Ohmycat discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors, affiliated organisations and business partners that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Ohmycat’s behalf or to provide services available at Ohmycat’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country; by using Ohmycat’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Ohmycat will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organisations, as described above, Ohmycat discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental requests, or when Ohmycat believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Ohmycat, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of https://ohmycat.cat and have supplied your email address, Ohmycat may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Ohmycat and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Ohmycat takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have certain rights with respect to your personal information. If you would like to speak to us about any of your rights, please contact us: email@example.com.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to verify, to a reasonably high degree of certainty, that you are the person about whom we collected personal information. This may include requesting that you provide us with at least two or more pieces of personal information to match against personal information about you that we may or may not maintain and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verification.
8. Aggregated Statistics
Ohmycat may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website. Ohmycat may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Ohmycat does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Ohmycat uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalised content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Those who engage in transactions with Ohmycat – by purchasing Ohmycat’s services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Ohmycat collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Ohmycat. Ohmycat does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
12. Contact Information & Credit